Following the holidays, you may feel as though you’ve overdone it, or you might just want to get away. It’s never too early to book a break and it could be the New Year start you need.
If you are looking for cheap hotels, Nottingham is the perfect place. Best Western Nottingham Derby Hotel is based right in the middle of the two major cities, just 15 minutes' drive from each of the city centres. With plenty to do at both of these places, here are a few things you might want to look at doing.
Known for the legend of Robin Hood, Nottingham is one of the UK’s most vibrant cities. Full of culture, the city offers plenty of new and exciting tourist attractions. Here are some that you might not know about.
- Wollaton Hall - If you're keen to sightsee, check out Wollaton Hall. Learn all about the history of the building and walk around the Natural History Museum. There are various galleries to view, as well as beautiful gardens waiting to be explored
- Old Market Square - Described as the largest public space after London’s Trafalgar Square, the Old Market Square acts as a hub for those who like to meet up with friends, or for those simply in need of a break from shopping
- The Lace Market - At the height of the British Empire, the Lace Market was the centre of the world’s lace industry. It is the oldest area in the city and is a protected heritage site
The city of Derby sits on the banks of the river Derwent and is widely known as the centre for advanced transport manufacturing. Here are some of the places you can visit in Derby.
- Derby Museum and Art Gallery - Artefacts of local and national significance call the Derby Museum and Art Gallery their home. You can explore these artefacts on both longstanding and temporary exhibitions throughout the year
- Derby Cathedral - Known as the cathedral of all saints, Derby Cathedral has stood for nearly 300 years with a tower that has stood for considerably longer. Monuments, such as the memorial of Florence Nightingale, are scattered around the cathedral for tourists to visit
- Derby Gaol - Historically, the term Derby Gaol refers to the five gaols in Derby, but today the term refers to one of two tourist attractions. The gaol on Friar Gate and the cells, which you can now visit to learn about crime and punishment
Cheap Hotels in Nottingham
If you are intrigued by what you have read and are now thinking of taking that New Year trip to Nottingham, book a room at the Best Western Nottingham Derby Hotel and start exploring.